Wednesday, June 1, 2011

why my blog is titled as such

I had a difficult time titling my blog and I'm still not 100% happy with the title but alas, it is what it is.
I chose "3 Rs" because it is a common name for school related things but then I had to find a new version of the three Rs. Reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic have their value and some may argue they've gone out the door but what do I think schools should "be"?

My oh my that question warrants and entire novel. But in short...

Respect- Teachers are society's scapegoat and thus not respected. Students are treated as cogs in a wheel, just a number in the system without passions, fears, or opinions as those seem shushed in schools.

Reality- Schools seem to be based on some reality of some other time and place.

Reason- School policies and reform follow ill logic. Also, we are teaching dumbed down picked apart and whitewashed knowledge that looks rigorous but is anything but. That as well seems to lack reason. And we don't even teach reason in schools much if at all as you try and bubble in an A,B,C,D answer for reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment